Sunday, February 22, 2009

Great weekend!

I have had such a great weekend!

Dinner with my friends Friday night was fun, as usual. The movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic, was not so great (in my opinion). I just didn't think it flowed well...or it was just trying too hard? I wasn't a big fan. Sorry to anyone who loved it!

Yesterday morning, my parents, Max, and I headed off for an overnight trip to my Mom's hometown, Americus, Georgia! It's a small town in South Georgia. We spent the night at the Resort at Lake Blackshear, right outside of Americus. It was such a relaxing day. We walked around downtown, which was nostalgic for my Mom. We ate lunch and did a little shopping - they have a cute boutique downtown!

Here is Max in the car. I love how his eyes are closed!
My mom and I standing in downtown Americus.Since we are all big history buffs, we drove the short distance to Andersonville (the Civil War prison) to visit the museum and park. It's pretty fascinating!
Then we checked into the hotel and took Max on a walk. It's so beautiful and relaxing. The Resort at Lake Blackshear is right on the water. I love it!

Then we went out to dinner at one of my Mom's favorite restaurants. She's been going there since she was a little girl!

I'm excited to watch the Oscars tonight - well more excited to see everyone's dresses! I'll also be drinking some champagne in celebration :) I don't need much of an excuse to pop open some champagne! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute in that outfit! I love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was fun! :-) I agree with Melissa - cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Max always gets to go to Americus. We should let him and John Wayne play one day since they're both so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun weekend! I wasnt to thrilled with Shopoholic either, but I loved Isla fisher

    ReplyDelete