We have a real tree in the living room and a fake tree in the dining room.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Gates and me before dinner - I LOVED spending all week with him:
Michael and I at the wine bar again...
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
If it weren't so dang hot, we would probably be spending a lot of time out here!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
I wanted to share with you this delicious recipe from Cooking Light. If you like Greek cuisine, you will LOVE this recipe! And at only 233 calories per serving, you can enjoy this meal guilt-free.
Greek-Style Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Cooking spray
1. Combine 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, oregano, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and garlic in a zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag, and seal. Marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature, turning after 10 minutes. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, remaining 1 teaspoon oil, yogurt, 1 tablespoon dill, and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and chill. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Sprinkle tomato mixture with 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss to combine.
2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove pork from bag, and discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of pork evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add pork to pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove pork from pan, and let stand for 2 minutes. Place 3/4 cup tomato mixture on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 1 pork chop and about 3 tablespoons yogurt mixture. Enjoy!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I seriously read all 7 of the Harry Potter books in about 6 weeks. I just could not put them down - especially the last 3 or 4 in the series. J.K. Rowling has to have the most amazing imagination in the entire world. How in the world did she come up with all of the characters and scenarios in these books?!
I cannot WAIT for the Deathly Hallows movie to come out in November! If you have been holding out on reading Harry Potter like I was, seriously...give it a chance! You won't regret it!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Michael and I in Gulf Place the first night:
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Alison and I at the luncheon:
Michael and I at the rehearsal dinner at the Old Tabard Inn(like my crazy hair?!):