Monday, February 2, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Now I know EVERYONE has a recipe for this dip, but let me just tell you that this is the best one. Oh. My. Gosh. My sister-in-law, Michelle, made this version of the recipe for the Superbowl Party last night and it was by FAR the best version I've ever had. I thought I'd share the recipe for this deliciousness.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
  • 2.5 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
  • 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Ranch dressing
  • 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot pepper sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well-blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips and celery.

I think the slow cooker made it so much better than normal because it stayed hot the whole time! This was definitely a perfect Superbowl Party dip!

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about this dip and I can't wait to try it!! This recipe looks so good. Glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the same way I make it except for I use Blue Cheese Dressing and it is sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete