Mimi's Pound Cake
- 3 cups plain flour (sifted)
- 6 eggs (softened - room temperature)
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream butter till white. Add sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Alternate flour and whipping cream. Add vanilla. Bake in cold oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 1o minutes without opening. May take as long as 1.5 hours.
This recipe is so simple! Mine turned out delicious, but not quite as good as Mimi's. Here are some tips to make sure that your cake turns out perfectly:
- Butter and sugar your cake pan rather than using Pam. I used Crisco shortening instead of butter.
- Always sift your flour.
- Take butter and eggs out of refrigerator about an hour before you prepare the batter.
- Do NOT pre-heat the oven.