Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wedding Recap: Reception

Finally, here are pictures from our wedding reception! I have SO many more details I want to share, but I do not have the professional pictures back yet, so these will have to do for now. I'm sure y'all are getting bored with wedding pictures!

Our reception was FABULOUS (at least I thought)! We had a really nice cocktail hour after the ceremony, then the guests moved down to the topiary garden for a seated dinner reception. The menu was amazing. During the cocktail hour, we had several passed appetizers, including stuffed mushrooms, grilled shrimp, mini pimento cheese sandwiches, and beef wellington. We also had a big fruit and cheese display...I wish I had pictures of it! The seated dinner started with a Southern greens salad (with peach vinaigrette), then we had grilled chicken stuffed with artichoke, spinach, and boursin cheese. And of course, dessert was wedding cake!

Our band was SO much fun. We had an eight-piece band that played everything from classic rock to Motown hits. Everyone stayed till the end, for the most part...Michael and I left by horse and carriage at the very end. We were going to do a bubble exit, but it was raining. Anyways, here are some pictures from our reception:

More flower pictures...I LOVED them:My cake, which was PERFECT:
The groom's cake (very popular and yes, everything was edible except the beer bottles):
Our candy buffet:
Michael and I entering the reception:
My Dad and I dancing:
Some of my friends at the reception...you can kind of see the centerpieces here:
My cousins and I:
Me with my candy buffet, my masterpiece!
Alyssa, Michael, and I:
Cutting the cake:
Cutting the groom's cake:
Bridesmaids at the reception:
My friend, Kaci, did a little karaoke with our band...it was awesome:
Every detail of our wedding was perfect. And the most important part, Michael and I are now MARRIED! I am definitely loving being a wife.

That's all for now...eventually I'll have a wedding details post, but otherwise, I'll be back to my regularly scheduled blogging. I'm sure you're getting tired of my wedding posts, so I will definitely be writing about something new and different soon. I hope you have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed recapping everything! Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. I will never get tired of wedding pictures! Keep them coming! I love the flowers...they look a lot like my bestie Pink Sass's flowers...love peonies! The cake is very pretty and I love the bridesmaids dresses...such a pretty color! Oh and the candy buffet makes me want to run out to a candy store! So pretty and bright and yummy ; ) Looks like everything came together so nicely! You were such a gorgeous bride..your dress is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the wedding recaps--how can you not, the whole thing was gorgeous!!!! I agree, keep them coming. For us single girls, well at least me, it gives me SO many ideas :) Your cake is so gorgeous and the groomsman cakes is hysterical!
    I have a question though..some pictures if I click on them, they get larger, but others you can't click on them?? is it just me?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i love peonies! i had them too! soooo pretty! the grooms cake was adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You candy buffet really is a masterpiece! I adore it as well as your BEAUTIFUL flowers Missy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding was gorgeous :-) it actually was a lot like mine! haha - same colors, flowers, candy buffet, band . . . so fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and I LOVE it!!! I am having my own pink and green wedding in October! These pictures are SO inspirational!!! You did a GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete