Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jekyll Island Weekend

Is anyone still here? If so, I'm thinking about coming back to blogging on a regular basis. Hopefully I can come up with enough interesting posts!

Over Memorial Day weekend, Michael and I took an anniversary trip to one of my favorite places in the world - Jekyll Island, Georgia. We always stay at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, which is one of my favorite hotels - everything is so peaceful and relaxing. The hotel and property has so much history and natural beauty. We didn't use our cars once over the long weekend, which was perfect.

{image from Jekyll Island Club website}

{image from Jekyll Island Club website}

During the day, we rode bikes all over the island, relaxed by the pool, and took a few naps. I'm looking kinda gross here...sorry!Reading at the pool!Each night, we ate at a different delicious restaurant on the property. I'm missing that Dungeness crab right about now!Sorry for the poor quality - we took this with the timer:The most beautiful backdrop:My favorite meal was probably at the Crane Cottage. So yummy: We had such a great time on our little getaway. Thank you Michael for surprising me with this amazing trip! Be back soon with updates on our home decor. Have a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. Such fun memories from there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to Jekyll Island in October, can't wait! Did you eat at the new Fins on the Beach (used to be Blackbeards)? Crane is good, too. We like to hang out at SeaJays and listen to Ed Pickett and the Wharf Ratz band. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete